The Quality We Provide
- Pre-admission assessments always carried out prior to placement being confirmed, to ascertain clients abilities and needs fully.To ensure we are able to provide the appropriate level of care,both now and in the future, before accepting a client.
- Involve the clients & carer’s in the assessment.
- Purchase fortnightly G.P. in house surgery visits, carried out by the same G.P. Providing consistent health care provision by a professional who knows the individual residents health care needs. Joint visits held regularly in house with G.P. and Mental Health Professionals, who jointly review residents to ensure consistency with their physical and mental health care and wellbeing.
- Seek opinions of other professionals/family involved with client. (with clients permission).
- Monitor and update care plans regularly to ensure appropriate care is being delivered and received.
- Continue To Strive For Excellent Inspectors’ Reports, by maintaining a commitment to high standards of quality care.
- Ensure we are up to date with current legislation requirements.
- Acting on any areas found to be not up to standard.
- Maintain a high standard of external and internal environmental facilities.
- Ensure rooms are decorated on a regular basis when vacated.
- Maintain gardens to be fully accessible, secure to all residents despite their abilities or needs.
- Involve residents in suggesting ways of improving the home/ day to day activities by regular resident meetings.
- Each unit produces a monthly news letter which is sent out to relatives/ friends informing them of activities, outings, birthdays, etc. enjoyed by their loved one throughout the month.
- Special days held on each unit every week when a resident has an outing, activity, meal arranged especially just for them. To date visits to Marwell zoo, Portsmouth Docks, a meal at an Italian restaurant, Chinese takeaway, School assembly in the local primary school, to name a few.
- Committed to provide relevant support and training to all staff. In house trainer for many areas of statutory training.
- Ensure the training program is flexible and relevant to current client needs, & that it meets all statutory and legal requirements.
- Encourage staff to request any additional training they feel they require in order to maximise the quality of care they provide to the residents.
- That equipment/resources highlighted in a training session as important to good practice, are provided, wherever possible.
- Prospective staff are invited in, so we are able to meet them, show them around, giving us the opportunity to assess their aptitude, before issuing application paperwork.
- New staff shadow existing staff until confident in their duties. Their performance is closely monitored and reviewed monthly during their 6 monthly induction, staff then have bi monthly performance reviews.
- Ongoing support available throughout employment, with regular in house and external training sessions specific to current client/staff need.
Ongoing Person Centred Specialist Dementia Training delivered by Jackie Pool Associates. In house trainer now trained to deliver courses.
Gemma Jones 5 day Dementia course attended by all Unit Managers.
G.P. & Hospital Details:
Hedge End Medical Centre provides fortnightly surgery visits by Dr Liz Cropley. This service is purchased by us from the practice to offer consistent, personal centered medical care, by the same practitioner.
We are also very fortunate to have Southern Parishes Community Mental Health Team providing excellent Mental Health care for the majority of our residents. The team are very supportive, helpful and able to visit as necessary to assess or advise.
The White House works closely with the Memory & Research Centre @ Moorgreen Hospital.
Prospective residents are encouraged to visit for the day, if required, providing we have availability of a room, or to spend a couple of days with us, to experience the environment, the routine, the staff and the residents.
If this initial introduction to residential care can be done slowly and sympathetically, then the fear, trauma and stress can be greatly reduced.
Residents who are, after assessment, seen as able to have their needs fully met at The White House, and are accepted on a months trial basis.
This is a time for both parties to assess and ascertain if The White House is the most suitable environment for this particular individual.
Are the facilities suitable for the individuals needs.
Are the staff able to enhance, or work toward enhancing the quality of the individuals life.
Assessment of abilities, needs, behaviour, interaction, likes, dislikes are all important factors during the initial and ongoing assessment process. Involving the resident, their relatives, other professionals.
Our gardens have been adapted to assist residents, whatever their ability, to enjoy the outdoors whenever the weather is suitable.
It is hoped there is something of interest to everyone.
Hairdressing, newspapers, activities, which include, music for health, Motivation sessions, singers, musicians, pub lunches/evenings. minibus outings. Laundry Chiropody etc. are inclusive.
Full details are in the occupancy agreement.
Dentist and Optician services are available in house if required, but will be charged to client if a cost is incurred.
We are now able to offer:-
Special Care for People with Dementia regardless of age. Our facilities are suitable for younger, active people with dementia. Day Care 7 days a week.
Two vehicles providing outings which are arranged through out the week, additional outings, shows, pub lunches.
Smile Club offers varied activities from 10am til 3pm every day, activities also held on individual units with support from staff, Music for Health & Motivation sessions.
All meals are cooked from fresh produce daily, and cakes are baked daily.
All residents are given a choice at all meal times, staff go to each individual during the evening and explain what is on the menu for the next day using pictorial menu’s as necessary. Special diets are catered for.
This gives everyone the opportunity for decision making and choice.